Running for a seat on Council can be relatively simple. The rules that govern who can run and how to run an election campaign can be found in any Municipal Clerk’s office in Ontario. But, from the moment you file your nomination form your life will change!
There are questions you need the answers to and this new course from AMO can help you. Course content covers:
- Reasons That You Should and Should Not Run
- What You Should Know Before You Run for
- Dealing with the Media;
- Techniques for Working with Others;
- The Roles of Council Members and Staff;
- What are the powers and influence of
- Transparency and Accountability in
- and much more...
This is an online, work-at-your-own-pace course that costs $75. The course is available by visiting MunicipalEducation.ca