Saturday, February 17, 2018
Newmarket Riverwalk Commons and Newmarket Community Centre and Lions Hall (200 Doug Duncan Drive)
9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Pancake breakfast 8 to 11 a.m.)
Bring the family and join us for some winter fun both indoors and outdoors. Please dress for outdoor activities.
Featured activities include:
Outdoor public skating (Tim Hortons Skating Feature).
Enjoy train rides on the Tim Hortons Express Train.
Learn to Curl hosted by the York Curling Club (9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.).
Children's games with the Newmarket Car Club.
Snow Valley Mini-Tube Area (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
Learn the fundamentals of snowboarding in the Burton Riglet Snowboard Park hosted by Snowboard Ontario ( 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
Indoor activities and attractions:
Vendor and Community Group Information booths (Hall 2) including: LEAF®, Newmarket Car Club, Inn from the Cold, St. John Ambulance - York Region Branch, Rotary Club of Newmarket, Interact Youth Group, York Region Children's Aid Society, Central York Fire Services, York Regional Police, Forget-Me-Not Alpacas, Balloon Twisting, Face Painting, Newmarket Public Library, York Region Transit.
Sports Hall (Hall 3 & 4) Hockey Hall of Fame, YNBA, York Curling Club, York Region Lions Football, Newmarket Skating Club, Sports Hall featuring the Newmarket Hurricanes Interactive Hockey Zone,
Outdoor vehicles and information booths:
- York Region Paramedics, York Region Transit, Central York Fire Services, York Regional Police
Outdoor entertainment and activities:
- Learn the fundamentals of snowboarding in the Burton Riglet Snowboard Park hosted by Snowboard Ontario ( 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Newmarket Skating Club performance (1 p.m.)
- The Fire Guy (2 p.m.)
- DJ Tyler Stevenson (9 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
Community group food and beverage options (while quantities last):
- Pancake Breakfast for $1 hosted by the Newmarket Lions Club (8 to 11 a.m.) (Hall 1)
- BBQ hotdogs and hot chocolate provided by the Rotary Club of Newmarket (Outside)
- Cotton candy, popcorn, hot chocolate, and more provided by the Corinthian Masonic Lodge (Outside)
- Pulled pork provided by the Newmarket Lioness Club (11 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
Winterfest Free Skating and Swimming
Sunday, February 18, 2018
Ray Twinney Complex (100 Eagle Street West)
Noon to 2 p.m. (free public skating) and 2 to 4 p.m. (free public swimming)
Bring your family and friends to enjoy a free skate and swim. Choose one activity or stay for both, it's a fun way to stay active.
Please refer to
swimming guidelines and ratios.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Customer Service at (905) 895-5193.
Support Newmarket's green initiatives by walking, carpooling or taking the bus.
For up-to-date weather and/or cancellation information for Town-run events, please call the PLAY Hotline 1-877-PLAY936, on the date of the event, two hours prior to the start time. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.